Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry denies claim that he advised Alexis Sanchez to quit the club for Manchester United

Thierry Henry has denied the claim from Alexis Sanchez that he advised him to leave north London following claims from an Arsenal fan that his Emirates Stadium statue should be removed.

Having completed his move to Manchester United, Sanchez mentioned Henry's name in a clumsily translated goodbye message, suggesting the club's all-time top goalscorer had told him to leave.

The Chilean wrote: 'I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.'

But Henry says at no point did he tell Sanchez he would have to leave north London and sayshe had 'no idea' Sanchez was going to join Arsenal's Premier League rivals until he saw iton the news.

Henry stated: 'I know I don’t need to explain this to the majority of Arsenal fans but contrary to speculation at no time did I tell Alexis Sanchez to leave Arsenal. I had no idea he was going to sign for Man Utd until I saw it on the news like the rest of you.

'Henry's alleged role in Sanchez leaving the club sparked fury among Arsenal supporters on Twitter - with one user labelling him a 'snake' before calling for his statue to be removed.

'I'll never call Thierry Henry an Arsenal legend,' Twitter user Jarex2 said. 'He's a real snake under the green grass. Somebody bringdown that useless statue soon.


'Patrick Timmons echoed Jarex2's sentiments, tweeting: 'This season alone, Thierry Henry has attempted to motivate (Harry) Kane beforethe north London derby, given Bournemouth apep talk before playing us and advised Alexis on leaving the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment