Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Alexis Sanchez has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Manchester United

After the game, he conducted a 10-minute press conference in which he was asked about Real Madrid frontman Alvaro Morata.

It was a simple question with United's interest in Morata no secret at the time. Buthe responded bizarrely - by calling Morata by the name of Alexis Sanchez instead.

When asked by a Spanish journalist if United were attempting to sign Morata, he replied in Spanish: "It is a question for Florentino [Perez, the Real president]. I don’t know the first thing about Sanchez.

"It was shrugged off as a mistake but now, six months later,Manchester Unitedhave got their fan.The announcement brings to an end of a week of transfer drama as United beat rivals Manchester City to get the deal done.

But City weren’t going to give in without a fight as they attempted their own hijack of the Sanchez news, delivering a release that Kevin De Bruyne had penned a new deal at EXACTLY the same time.

Speaking for the first time as a United player, Sanchez said: “I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. I have spent three-and-a-half wonderful years at Arsenal and I bring with me very positive memories of that great club and its fans.

“The chance to play in this historic stadium and to work with Jose Mourinho was something I could not turn down. I am veryproud to be the first Chilean player ever to play for United’s first team and I hope I canshow our fans all around the world why theclub wanted to bring me here.”


No comments:

Post a Comment